Last Update: August 23, 2023
COLLECTION OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may collect information about you in a variety of ways. The information we may collect on the Site includes:
Personally identifiable information, such as your name, shipping address, email address, and telephone number, and demographic information, such as your age, gender, hometown, and interests, that you voluntarily give to us when you register with the Site, or when you choose to participate in various activities related to the Site, such as online chat and message boards. You are under no obligation to provide us with personal information of any kind, however your refusal to do so may prevent you from using certain features of the Site.
Information our servers automatically collect when you access the Site, such as your IP address, your browser type, your operating system, your access times, and the pages you have viewed directly before and after accessing the Site.
Financial information, such as data related to your payment method (e.g. valid credit card number, card brand, expiration date) that we may collect when you purchase, order, return, exchange, or request information about our services from the Site. We store only very limited, if any, financial information that we collect. In order to minimize the risk of security incidents, we fully outsource all payment processing to Shopify. Shopify is PCI DSS (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard) Compliant as a Level 1 Service Provider, and is listed on both Visa and MasterCard's global registries. Anytime you submit payment information via our Site, you are submitting through Shopify's secure infrastructure. If you opt to save your payment information during checkout, that information is stored at Shopify. We don't have access to your payment details except for the last 4 digits, the card type, and the expiration date.
Mobile Device Data
Device information, such as your mobile device ID, model, and manufacturer, and information about the location of your device, if you access the Site from a mobile device.
Information from third parties, such as personal information or network friends, if you connect your account to the third party and grant the Site permission to access this information.
Data From Contests, Giveaways, and Surveys
Personal and other information you may provide when entering contests or giveaways and/or responding to surveys.
USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
Having accurate information about you permits us to provide you with a smooth, efficient, and customized experience. Specifically, we may use information collected about you via the Site to:
- Administer sweepstakes, promotions, and contests.
- Assist law enforcement and respond to subpoena.
- Compile anonymous statistical data and analysis for use internally or with third parties.
- Create and manage your account.
- Deliver targeted advertising, coupons, newsletters, and other information regarding promotions and the Site to you.
- Email you regarding your account or order.
- Enable user-to-user communications.
- Fulfill and manage purchases, orders, payments, and other transactions related to the Site.
- Generate a personal profile about you to make future visits to the Site more personalized.
- Increase the efficiency and operation of the Site.
- Monitor and analyze usage and trends to improve your experience with the Site.
- Notify you of updates to the Site.
- Offer new products, services, and/or recommendations to you.
- Perform other business activities as needed.
- Prevent fraudulent transactions, monitor against theft, and protect against criminal activity.
- Process payments and refunds.
- Request feedback and contact you about your use of the Site.
- Resolve disputes and troubleshoot problems.
- Respond to product and customer service requests.
- Send you a newsletter.
- Solicit support for the Site.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share information we have collected about you in certain situations. Your information may be disclosed as follows:
By Law or to Protect Rights
If we believe the release of information about you is necessary to respond to legal process, to investigate or remedy potential violations of our policies, or to protect the rights, property, and safety of others, we may share your information as permitted or required by any applicable law, rule, or regulation. This includes exchanging information with other entities for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Third-Party Service Providers
We may share your information with third parties that perform services for us or on our behalf, including payment processing, data analysis, email delivery, hosting services, customer service, and marketing assistance.
With your consent, or with an opportunity for you to withdraw consent, we may share your information with third parties for marketing purposes, as permitted by law.
Interactions with Other Users
If you interact with other users of the Site, those users may see your name, profile photo, and descriptions of your activity, including sending invitations to other users, chatting with other users, liking posts, following blogs.
When you post comments, contributions or other content to the Site or our mobile applications, your posts may be viewed by all users and may be publicly distributed outside the Site in perpetuity.
Other Third Parties
We may share your information with advertisers and investors for the purpose of conducting general business analysis. We may also share your information with such third parties for marketing purposes, as permitted by law.
Sale or Bankruptcy
Cookies and Web Beacons
You should be aware that getting a new computer, installing a new browser, upgrading an existing browser, or erasing or otherwise altering your browser’s cookies files may also clear certain opt-out cookies, plug-ins, or settings.
SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
We use administrative, technical, and physical security measures to help protect your personal information. While we have taken reasonable steps to secure the personal information you provide to us, please be aware that despite our efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable, and no method of data transmission can be guaranteed against any interception or other type of misuse. Any information disclosed online is vulnerable to interception and misuse by unauthorized parties. Therefore, we cannot guarantee complete security if you provide personal information.
POLICY FOR CHILDREN
We do not knowingly solicit information from or market to children under the age of 13. If you become aware of any data we have collected from children under age 13, please contact us using the contact information provided below.
CONTROLS FOR DO-NOT-TRACK FEATURES
OPTIONS REGARDING YOUR INFORMATION
You may at any time review or change the information in your account or terminate your account by contacting us using the contact information provided below.
Emails and Communications
If you no longer wish to receive correspondence, emails, or other communications from us, you may opt-out by contacting us using the contact information provided below.
CALIFORNIA AND EU PRIVACY RIGHTS
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the “Shine The Light” law, permits our users who are California residents to request and obtain from us, once a year and free of charge, information about the categories of personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared personal information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to us using the contact information provided below.
If we have obtained your consent to process certain personal information, you may withdraw your consent at any time. If you would like to obtain access to or correct personal information, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are under 18 years of age, reside in California, and have a registered account with the Site, you have the right to request removal of unwanted data that you publicly post on the Site. To request removal of such data, please contact us using the contact information provided below, and include the email address associated with your account and a statement that you reside in California. We will make sure the data is not publicly displayed on the Site, but please be aware that the data may not be completely or comprehensively removed from our systems.
JURISDICTION SPECIFIC PROVISIONS
Residents of the European Economic Area (EEA) and the United Kingdom:
The purpose of the following data protection information is to provide you with an understandable, transparent and concise explanation of how we intend to process your personal data in accordance with Articles 13 and 14 of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). However, should you require further explanations relating to data protection at Carpe or wish to exercise any of your rights, please do not hesitate to contact our Data Protection Office at email@example.com
Carpe recognizes the below rights which you enjoy under the applicable data protection law with respect to your personal data:
- Right of access: You may request information from Carpe at any time as to whether Carpe has stored your personal data and which personal data it has stored. We are required to provide this information to you free of charge.
- Right to rectification: If your personal data stored by Carpe is inaccurate or incomplete, you have the right to demand at any time that we correct the information.
Right to erasure: You have the right to demand that Carpe erase your personal data if and to the extent that the data is no longer needed for the purposes for which it was collected or if the data is processed on the basis of your consent and you have opted to revoke your consent. In such cases, Carpe must cease processing your personal data and remove that data from its IT systems and databases.
You do not have a right to erasure if:
- The data may not be deleted due to a statutory obligation or must be processed due to a statutory obligation
- The processing of data is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
- Right to restriction of processing: You have the right to demand that Carpe restrict the processing of your personal data.
- Right to object to processing: If your data is processed by Carpe on the basis of Article 6 (1) (f) GDPR, you may object at any time to processing by Carpe. You may assert any and all of the rights of data subjects described above against Carpe by addressing your specific requests by contacting our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Right to lodge a complaint with a data protection supervisory authority: Pursuant to Article 77 GDPR, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection supervisory authority if you believe that the processing of your personal data infringes data protection law.
Clutch, Inc. (DBA Carpe)
120 W Parish ST.
Durham, NC 27701
Email our Data Protection Officer at email@example.com